The NJO >>> YOUR Forum Unleashed !!!

The NJO's first port of call. The place to come and chill out, no set topics just friendly banter and chat ... randomage is always welcome here :-)

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

The NJO >>> YOUR Forum Unleashed !!!

Postby Grand Master Gray » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:27 pm

The Official NJO Website is now over a month old. The months of hard work and input from so many has paid off and our new home amongst the stars in the world wide web sector is now well established, busy and full of originality and creativity. The greatest thing, however, is that the "family feel" of the NJO has survived ...

THE DARK SIDE ...

The threat from the Dark Side is always present, and only last week, our old home "Outbound Flight" was attacked by hackers ... is was this threat that made making the security of the Official NJO Website a priority ... that security is now complete !!! Everyday, Dave (jedi58) saves a copy of the website. Every single discussion, every word, image and link is saved ... meaning even if the entire site was hacked it would simply be able to return !!! However, that ain't gonna happen (not on my watch) as the site now has early warning systems in place, state of the art anti hack programmes installed and lots of hidden safety features !!!

It is, therefore, time to open the blast doors !!!

But just before we do ... some positives (and something to think about too)

THE LIGHT OF THE FORCE ...

As an experienced Web Designer Dave has confirmed that for a new website community the NJO is performing extremely well compared to many new web communities and here is why because in just over a month ...

Total posts 5750 • Total topics 88 •
Also (and this is way cool) from 1st December to yesterday 13858 people viewed topics on the site, 10971 people viewed the list of discussions, and 7415 visits to the main part of the site !!!

It's also good that the majority if the 130 members are active too - with only about 20 who aren't active ... yes all 130 do not post but let me tell you 90% of the non-posters actively visit the site, read the threads and visit the main sections of the site !!! A classic example of this is member echostation3t8 ... who has been a member and regular visitor for ages but only made his first post today !!! And one post or a thousand matters not ... Oola Mencap posted once to thank the NJO for all it's charity work ... she is as much a part of our legacy as Solo Trooper our most frequent "regular" to date !!!

So great stats, a fantastic atmosphere and a thriving community !!!

AND FINALLY, THE FORUM UNLEASHED !!!!

I created the NJO to bring Star Wars fans and collectors together ... with the support of TTSA and Dave this dream of creating a website for our community became a reality !!! With the site now fully protected and "fully operational" the blast doors will shortly be opened by Master Dave and you can play your part in developing the NJO into the finest Star Wars forum in the Galaxy by adding your own threads and shaping the community .....

PLEASE REMEMBER >>> If what you want to post actually fits into an established thread then please add it there to avoid swamping the boards. If it is collecting themed ... add it to the "Collector's Vault", if it is a general topic add it to "The Cantina", if it is buying/selling related add it to "Jawa Trader" ... and finally all fun stuff to be added to "Fun and Games"

*** MY NJO LEGACY IS ALMOST COMPLETE ... NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE FORUM TO BE UNLEASHED !!!
Grand Master Gray
Jedi Master

Re: The NJO >>> YOUR Forum Unleashed !!!

Postby jedi58 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:31 pm

The Forum has been UNLEASHED!! 8-)

go forth guardians of peace and justice...and enjoy!
jedi58
Jedi Master

Postby Grand Master Gray » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Dave ... can I just say that throughout the hundreds of e-mails and phonecalls we made to each other as we built this website from scratch - every single minute of the countless hours we spent writing, adding content, perfecting and tweaking were well worth it !!!

It was a real pleasure working with you ... and thank you so much for everything !!!

mtfbwy ... today and always !!!

(and TTSA ... when you read this ... thanks for adding the colour to the rainbow)
Grand Master Gray
Jedi Master

Postby jedi58 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:56 pm

:D

it was great to do something for the NJO! was easy to work with you developing this too!
jedi58
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:40 pm

Its a brilliant achievment for you both and you should be proud. Its a pleasure to come on these boards and that was another right-rivittin'-read Gray. :)
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby Grand Master Gray » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:43 pm

you should imagine the word count i got up to for the whole site !!!

lol ... but everything i write i mean

... i may have screwed a lot of things up but the Order (and it's members) is one thing I will always be proud of !!!
Grand Master Gray
Jedi Master

Postby SOLO TROOPER » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:44 pm

Well done to Gray Dave and TTSA without whom this site wouldn't be here

and lets big it up for all the NJO members not just the 130 we have now

but to the 1200 from ebay and all those lost but not forgotten pre hack wars comrades I never met but feel helped make the NJO what it is today.

I was never into chat rooms..didn't now what a google bot was could post pictures and had no idea what a smiley was 6 months ago.

But I thank you all for welcoming me here and I have enjoyed every minute.....

SO to all the Grays and Pinks...Darths... Posties...rebels...Jedi and Sith I have spoken to and hope to speak to or meet at NJO meets in the future Thankyou....

May The Force Be With You all...... :D
SOLO TROOPER
Jedi Master

Postby Grand Master Gray » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:46 pm

GMG raises his glass of Mr Jack to Mark !

well said !
Grand Master Gray
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Aelene » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:51 pm

This is indeed a wonderful thing you have done here Gray. I feel like I have gains so many new friends!! :lol:
"I take orders from just one person: Me!"
Darth Aelene
Jedi Master

Postby Grand Master Gray » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:09 am

Aelene ... Cliff

you may be in New Mexico but together we all are here together in the NJO ...

can we connect the world through a love of all things Star Wars ???

what's that Mr Obama ... "Yes We Can" !!!

;)
Grand Master Gray
Jedi Master

Next

Return to The Cantina