[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The New Jedi Order • View topic - FIFTH ANNIVERSARY COMMENTS THREAD!!!

FIFTH ANNIVERSARY COMMENTS THREAD!!!

The NJO's first port of call. The place to come and chill out, no set topics just friendly banter and chat ... randomage is always welcome here :-)

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

Re: FIFTH ANNIVERSARY COMMENTS THREAD!!!

Postby old-fool » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:17 am

A very impressive post, (and how often do I say that?) and while I've never actually met anyone here, (the wanted posters and reward make that impractical) there is a sense of community on the NJO. Being quite insular, (read very for quite) myself, it's nice to just exchange views about a subject dear to all of us. I'd also like to agree that Dave (Jedi58) is the real backbone of this site and offer my own thanks to him. It's not a job that often receives enough thanks but without him there'd be no site. Like the Falcon, he's made a lot of modifications himself.

Anyway, a cracking post, and worthy of the fireworks which are still shooting into the sky.
old-fool
Jedi Guardian

Postby X-Wing Fighter Pilot » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:22 am

Great posts! Sentiments echoed across the NJO galaxy!
( a similar thread is running on th njo facebook page. Still trying to get them to pop in here)
X-Wing Fighter Pilot
Jedi Master

Postby ttsa » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:07 am

Great comments by all....well done for keeping things going on here everyone.

This is my 5th year on board as a original EBAY -NJOer Master i would like to say thanks to Gray again for starting it all off.

Wherever he is or what he doing he has my thanks.
ttsa
Jedi

Postby jedi58 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:32 pm

great to see you online again ttsa!
jedi58
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby samsw » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:16 pm

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein

samsw
Jedi Master

Postby SOLO TROOPER » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Some nice words Aidy

and as always a big up to Dave for running the site

SOLO TROOPER
Jedi Master

Postby Mand'alor » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:18 pm

I just Love this place.Wookiee hugs to all. :D

Mand'alor
Mand'alor
Jedi Guardian

Postby TDS1972 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Well, I think most of you know my thoughts on the NJO following my "Personal Message to the NJO" post when I first joined the site, however I will reiterate that is one of the friendliest and informative forums I have seen and the NJO does hold a special place for me. As Aidy said (cracking post, by the way, matey) we have lost members - we have over 300 members but only really 10 or so people that get super involved, but no matter as these 10 or so members opitomise what the NJO is all about. It can be a bit quiet on here at times and that would be the only thing I would change, however I suppose that we can't all be on here all the time...

To see such enthusiasm for SW and, from my point, the collecting scene, is a breath of fresh air and my collection has come on in leaps and bounds and it is, I must say, down the the NJO. I had pratcically stopped collecting for a while as I had enough of it (true!) but with the release of the VC, coinciding with purchasing a wave from Rich, who sent the figs with an NJO flyer inside - so I checked the site out and, well, the rest is history as they say...

It is a shame that we can't meet up! There will be other times for that - I suspect geography and finances play a part in that - many of you have families, too.

Nevertheless - the NJO has opened my eyes to the SW universe - the collecting, the knowledge and expertise and the friendliness of the people on here is second to none and long may it continue.

Trevor
TDS1972
Jedi Guardian

Postby X-Wing Fighter Pilot » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:00 am

Nice words guys.

Happy anniversary NJO - 5 today!
X-Wing Fighter Pilot
Jedi Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Cantina