Star Wars VII Story Speculation - Let the chat begin. Maybe.

The NJO's first port of call. The place to come and chill out, no set topics just friendly banter and chat ... randomage is always welcome here :-)

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

Star Wars VII Story Speculation - Let the chat begin. Maybe.

Postby Darth Evo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:46 am

Ok two points for me to start. (promise I won't mention the Solo isn't dead stuff!)

Is Kaz the same species as Yoda? Each time I see it she puts me in mind of him.

Has anyone else seen how much TFA draws from KOTOR I + II and The Old Republic to some degree. No denying how much Ren looks like Revan and the fact they aren't Sith as such. We have the Knights of Ren and Order of Revan.
KOTOR you are searching the Galaxy for pieces of the map to the Starforge superweapon (I think it was) and TFA they are searching the Galaxy for the pieces of the map to the Jedi Master superweapon, good old Luke.
Then KOTOR II you are searching for Jedi Masters . . . .as above we searching for Luke.

OK so my love of the Old Republic era maybe clouding my mind here but on checking some of this out on the net others have made these assumptions too.
There's also links in the visual dictionary book where Rens lightsaber is said to be inspired by something to do with a battle at Malachor . . . . . guess what, that comes from Knights of the Old Republic too!!
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars VII Story Speculation - Let the chat begin. Ma

Postby Darth Evo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:04 am

No. No chat. :D
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 am

I think many influences where drawn on here to creat a product that smelt of the old trilogy, especially concept art for the back engineered X-Wing which looks better than I thought it would.

Maz has one huge back story going on I recon, not surprised if she turns out to a force user, plus she knows a lot more than she gave up in EP VII.

Was reading a great article the other day that gives the real reason for luke going missing. The whole idea was to introduce new characters to us in Ray, Finn and Ren, we see them develop and bond with them. If Luke would have been there then the writers think he would, rightly so, have taken centre stage and our getting to know the new folk would have been tarnished. Solo was there simply to help guide them and also us, provide a little familiarity of the old with the new and form a bridge between the generation's.

Luke will play a decent part in this next movie, maybe in the mentoring rule of Obi Wan? Maybe, maybe take an active role in combating the First Order? What is interesting is there is some footage on the net of Mark wearing a motion capture suit and using the sabre, I think he will be seen in action.

Another point I saw made was that Luke and Ben Solo are working together to defeat Snoke and the First Order. Combining the power of the light and the dark, Ben is seen to be having trouble with conflict, is his conflict that he can't fully turn from the light to the dark because he really does not want to, but has to to achieve victory? Maybe Han knows the plan? And gave himself up to end his son's pain and fully turn to the dark, after all, Snoke had set the bar at final Sith training only after Han's death.

Theory only though but interesting theory.
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Ooo, some interesting bits there buddy.

Snoke being Plagueis (spl) I'm more and more fond of as a theory but may not be even close to the truth. There is a lot of supporting details but if you look hard enough you can often find a link to something.

I really like that about Luke not taking centre stage so that they can create the new characters properly - that makes so much sense really.

With regards to Maz it was only a day or two ago that I heard there was a scene cut from the film where she uses the force to bring a roof down on some F.O. Troopers. (Though not a Jedi she can manipulate the force somewhat)

So much was cut . . . or cleverly never even intended to be in the film. I think it's obvious to us all that Zuvio should have been in there but other little snippets in the trailers may have been just for that - the trailers.

Luke to be Obi Wan is a good punt and I wonder if thats why Lor San Tekka was on Jakku to watch over Rey (/ Kira if the art book is anything to go by!)
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Return to The Cantina