NEW TOPIC! Who is your favourite Force Awakens character?

The NJO's first port of call. The place to come and chill out, no set topics just friendly banter and chat ... randomage is always welcome here :-)

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

NEW TOPIC! Who is your favourite Force Awakens character?

Postby Darth Evo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:04 am

Was going to do a Poll but with only 4 or 5 of us frequenting the bar there's prob not a lot of point!

Anyway, I'll start us off by saying my favourite character to come out of EpVII has to be Poe. Thought Oscar Isaac was so "Star Warsy" and just perfect as a new hero. Finn and Rey were great characters but I buzzed off Poe.

Out of the First Order it had to be Kylo. Honestly, I wasn't as into the character as I thought I would be on the first showing and remember not liking him taking his helmet off and seeing his face etc. Thought he looked a bit wet in all honesty and thought he should have stayed hidden.
On second viewing I "Got it" more though. He is that young good looking, dashing young anti-hero who has taken the quick and easier route to the darkside.

In fact, I'm writing this and think I'll go see it again! :lol:
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Re: NEW TOPIC! Who is your favourite Force Awakens character

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:03 am

Kylo looks to be a clever concept in character development in that we are seeing him develop from the young, unsure trainee to a more formidable character in 8 and 9, the words from Snoke about completion of his training bode well for the creation of a better bad guy and less of the stroppy temper fits we saw him indulge in.

Anyway, Poe is a winner for me too, Daisy is Gorgeous but just a it bland, Finn is a comedy relief who seems to me to be a bit wet and gets his butt kicked a lot. Phasma was a loss, total and utter. So Poe is the new Wedge in my opinion!!!
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:30 am

x-wing_flyboy wrote: Phasma was a loss, total and utter. So Poe is the new Wedge in my opinion!!!

Yup, fan favourite pre-film was phasma. See film then its bit, uuuuh, is that it!! Will probably get fleshed out a bit in VIII and IX. Unless she did get compacted.

I agree. Denis Lawson (I think that's Wedge isn't it) seems to have more of a downer on SW than even Harrison so its always sated my love for the character a bit though the Rogue Squadron books were ace.
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Yeah he was offered a part in Awakens but turned it down as it "would have bored him". Real shame though as actors don't honestly realise the impact their characters have on fans. Plus a part in VII would have given cash, prestige and great exposure. Shame.

Leonard Nimoy recognised this fact after Trek "Generations" where the fans went crazy that Nimoy never showed up for the reunion at the beginning of the film due to him being more interested in money and perks for doing the part. Later, he realised the fans needs were more important than his own contractual needs.
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby samsw » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Rey did it for me.....facial expressions more than owt.
poe was too 'disneyfied' for me.
Phasma was cack character....think they (Disney) wanted a Boba type character (few words/cool 'suit' etc) but was cack
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein

samsw
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:04 am

samsw wrote:Phasma was cack character....think they (Disney) wanted a Boba type character (few words/cool 'suit' etc) but was cack

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it!
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby Mand'alor » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:09 pm

I would have to go with Daisy also. Hilariously independant. "stop holding my hand!" Lol
Ke nu jurkad ti Mando'ade-Don't cross swords with Mandos.
Mand'alor
Mand'alor
Jedi Guardian

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:24 pm

As time goes on, I find myself bored rigid with the "strong, power trip female" thing that is going on in the media, kind of like having the same message bashed into ones head constantly in every film and TV series. After a few more views of TFA, Rey actually had a lot more dimensions than the usual, glad to see she is a more rounded character with faults and doubts.
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Return to The Cantina