Blade Wing Prototype In Action! Some Really Cool Stuff!

The NJO's first port of call. The place to come and chill out, no set topics just friendly banter and chat ... randomage is always welcome here :-)

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

Blade Wing Prototype In Action! Some Really Cool Stuff!

Postby Gold Leader » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Hey all :)

Goldie here, been a while right! well you are all gonna love this, well I can only imagine that anyways :)

Here something that really caught my mind even being owner of four B-Wings from the Hasbro Series myself, Like Y-Wings, I also envy B-Wings :mrgreen:

After Watching StarWars: Rebels: Season 02 Episode 06: Wings of the Master; The Slain & Korpril Blade Wing Prototype was showed, tested and put to formidable use.

After seeing it's secret super weapon I was simply amazed, here I made some pics of it in action, also showing how it's Super Weapon works, it combines all Laser & Ion Cannons to one destructive beam, then it fires 2 to 3 shots and a Star Destroyer is taken out!

After it was rolled out of the hanger :)

Here how it can swivel it's entire body around it's cockpit, this is still a unique feature of the Slain & Korpril Blade Wing:

This is how it fired it's special weapon, by combining all Laser & Ion Canons to one destructive Beam of Pure Destructive Bliss:

Here in action I was able to make a very good screenshot of this B-Wing Prototype in action :)

Here the attack run on the Imperial Star Destroyer:

The hits are very powerful, massive craters were punched through it's shields and hull armor plating

The result a crippled Star Destroyer just after 2 or three bursts:

The damage is beyond repair:

And this is what remains, a ruined Star Destroyer :mrgreen: :lol: 8-)

But due to the Hyper Drive issues this Super Charge Laser/Ion Combo Weapon Mode creates, this was probably the main reason why that the production models didn't have this. Since it would instantly fry the Hyper Drive due to the intensive high power usage and power drain.
This could also be a cooling issue as well.

So as solution to this problem I think that production models were made with 2x Laser Blaster + 1x Heavy Laser Cannon and 3x Medium Ion Cannons + room for 16 Advanced Proton Torpedo's to avoid these power drains from frying the Hyper Drive.
Like all us Starfighter fans, collectors even pilots go, we all know that a ship without a Hyper Drive is not as self sufficient as one with a Hyper Drive, so this would of been why this was changed in the production models.
That to which is still a very useful solution and weapons setup, although if you'd have 4 of these Prototypes you'd have plenty firepower to even take on and take out a Super Star Destroyer.

This design also makes me realize how the Imperials designed the Superlaser of the Death Stars, they work in a very similar way.
Also I hope to see this model as a nww Hasbro version of it like the ones we know from 1984, 1991, 2007 and 2012, I would certainly buy it, the same they did with the Koensayr BTL-B Y-Wing Bomber, the one Anakin flew in The Clone Wars.