First Look at Force Awakens Figure Line.

The NJO's first port of call. The place to come and chill out, no set topics just friendly banter and chat ... randomage is always welcome here :-)

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

Re: First Look at Force Awakens Figure Line.

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:40 am

These are leaked images of the new Force Awakens figure line. Im not overly inspired by these, they look as bad as the recent Mission Series 5 point articulation. The opinion of collectors is that there will hopefully be a better articulated and better quality series later on in the vain of the Black Series of even better the Vintage Collection.
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:41 am

Darth Evo wrote:I saw these the day they leaked and my initial joy turned very quickly to sour poodoo pants depression.

WTF do they put cheap accessories in the packages for! ARGH!!!!! It infuriates me. :( Spend more on the figures.

I think Finn and Rey, Ray, Rea? I'm not sure on the spelling as I'm avoiding it myself but c'mon these are plop. :?
Finn looks like a Bubba Gump Shrimp figure. "Like I was sayin, shrimps is the fruit of the sea!"

Rant over. Standing down. :P :lol:

Kylo is VERY Revan and is that Hondo Onaka from the Clone Wars???
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:41 am

x-wing_flyboy wrote:Just about everybody has said the same mate, and i agree 100%.

The play sets and vehicles look a load of pants too, really cheap chinese pound shop pants.

Now the good news is that there should be a 6" line later on and a Black Series 3 & 3/4 line too so will avoid all this lot and focus on the better quality stuff, if we can get it.
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:42 am

Darth Evo wrote:I have seen the 6" line and they do look cool to be fair but not seen the Black Series.

This link shows the 2 different cards with different free "tat" with the figures. Whether the figs are different themselves I don't actually know. I'm pretty sure they are the more I look . . . . just different levels of tat.

http://rebelscum.com/gallery/tfa-cards/default.asp
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:43 am

Darth Evo wrote:OH NOOOOOoooooooooooos!!!!! :o :shock:

Look at this TAT!!! :x
https://imgur.com/a/lbYLw#62

I want to cry but just find myself laughing through my tears.They have officially killed off the 3 3/4 line.
Is it just me or are action figures actually going backwards in quality, design and proportion.

I'm gutted :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: These really are awful.

. . . . . .maybe they will look better in real life.

Maybe . . . . .

(Don't get me wrong the 6" look better but still . . .)
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:43 am

x-wing_flyboy wrote:Looks like a clear dividing line between kids and adult products. Which is fair enough but how about releasing some of both for Force Friday? Kids won't want any of this before they have seen the films so that only leaves the adult collectors in the waiting lines at 12AM.

But then again maybe we are seeing the death of the good quality action figures?
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:44 am

ttsa wrote:I haven't collected a 3 3/4 since RofS.

IMO the figures have gone backwards since then with articulation over quality. I loved the power of the jedi range, and even the TAC series.

I was hoping these would be good, back to basic figures, but I feel they are splitting the market down to kids figures that are crap and adult figures (black series) that are too expensive.

Having said that TESCO have the black series 2 (blue card) at £4 a pop. That's worth a dabble, they had starkiller and malgus Friday near me.
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:45 am

The price and quality of the TAC line was just great, two figures for a tenner, great card and art, plus a decent bubble design and cracking pack in extras like figure stands and coins to collect too.

The VC line I adored but the cost at £10 I had trouble justifying, many I got cheaper in cases per wave where the unit price was down to just on £8. But these mission series figures, terrible quality and £10 for two in one bubble? The only ones I had were 99p loose figures and packs bought for me for presents. The only two figures to come out of that lot that were near good were the two fetts
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:46 am

Sorry guys I had to redo the continuity as best as I could
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:39 pm

ALERT ALERT ALERT

Asda has all the the Force Awakens on sale. Right now. Oops!!! My Mrs has checked two stores and its all out!!

Midnight opening eh!!! :D

EDIT! And good Skills Steve bro. :D
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Cantina