2 Star Wars website forum(y) questions

The NJO's first port of call. The place to come and chill out, no set topics just friendly banter and chat ... randomage is always welcome here :-)

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

2 Star Wars website forum(y) questions

Postby Darth Evo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:54 am

Hey guys and gals.

1) Bit of a long shot but does anyone use a Star Wars forum with any sort of NJO feel to it these days?

I still don't do the facebook thing so just wondering really.

2) Could anyone recommend a free way to make a website with my son Lucas so we could log and display*our*collection? (Or is it just easier etc to use a blog or something)

Thanks in advance for any replies / help etc. :D
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Re: 2 Star Wars website forum(y) questions

Postby jedi58 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:51 pm

i'm starting to think the site is dead now :( too many people fled to Facebook
jedi58
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 pm

jedi58 wrote:i'm starting to think the site is dead now :( too many people fled to Facebook

Unfortunately it looks like . . . . though in the last few weeks we are seeing a bit more activity with a post every few days. Wet used to go through weeks with nothing so things are looking up.

FACEBOOK WILL BURN!! Bring in Malgus! :twisted:
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby x-wing_flyboy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:38 pm

More interest with the new films coming i think.

The only other site i used was the collectors cantina which closed and a lot of the posts and topics went to it's sister site Star Wars Forum UK.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/index.ph ... a6fab63cbf

I remember it was an offshoot of the Cantina that was I think started by Darren, and old NJO member. Other than the groups I started on Facebook, "Darth Vader Collectors", "AFA Collectors", "Clone Trooper Collectors" and co-started "Rogue Squadron - Pilots of Star Wars" with Colin Hobbs, I use no other SW sites.

Guess this will always be home.
ImageImageImage
x-wing_flyboy
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:48 pm

x-wing_flyboy wrote:Guess this will always be home.

Too true.
There's been many ups and downs along the way (mostly downs of late) which is a shame really but such is. Though I only ever met a handful of people off of here in person I will miss them and MANY others a great deal. I will always remember the great laughs, community spirit and the general crack.
It is definitely a part of and will always be a significant memory in my Star Wars collecting experience as a whole. All this from Ebay seems mental to me and a big thumbs up still goes out to all the founders.

I've used theforce.net over the years but it suffers from being too big possibly and have scanned starwarsforum once or twice I'm pretty sure.

I hope all your FB sites are going well, must keep you busy all them different groups.
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Return to The Cantina