Quite a few people to say "thank you" to !!!

The NJO's first port of call. The place to come and chill out, no set topics just friendly banter and chat ... randomage is always welcome here :-)

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

Quite a few people to say "thank you" to !!!

Postby Grand Master Gray » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:04 pm

During the past few months whilst this website was being created I have have had the pleasure of working in collaboration with two very talented NJOers ... this is actually the first time I have "logged on" since the website was launched and although I'm itching to get stuck into the forums I decided that my very first post had to be a special message to thank all the amazing people who have supported the NJO Community by simply being themselves !!!

So, a very special thank you the two people who have helped me to create the NJO's new home ... the "enigmatic" TTSA and Dave (jedi58). The time, effort, energy and enthusiasm that you both gave to this project was outstanding. It t was a process which involved thousands of emails and hundreds of phone calls but it has been worth it. Your countless hours of hard work and dedication have always been given generously and have always been appreciated even the darkest times when deadlines were passed and things were fetting up !

A massive thanks too to the many NJO members who have contributed to the development of the website by sending in their fantastic ideas and content ... without which the website would have been an empty vault !

And finally a very special thank you too for Claire ... for your constant support, help and advice along the way. You and Thomas are my best friends and I love you both with all my heart.

As for the NJO's 2nd Anniversary Party and Website Launch ...

Firstly, a very special thank you to everyone who traveled from destinations across the UK to attend the event. Whether you were old friends or new faces it was great to share the experience with you all ...

And a very special thanks to Karen Traviss for all the support you have given the NJO and for the gift and the message you sent us for our official website launch !

Thanks to Guy for once again creating the NJO tickets ... the ultimate NJO collectable.

Thanks to Pete for once again supplying the NJO lanyards ... worn with pride by all who attended.

Thanks to Marc for creating the Ltd Edition NJO Party merchandise ... the t-shirts looked ace !

Thanks to Eerika for another "Pink Express" road trip ...
always on the move !

Thanks to Andy for his generosity in putting together the NJO goody bag ... the comics, postcards, artworks, badges and wristbands were simply outstanding !

Thanks to Mick & JT (MKG) for bringing the "armour" to the Party ( and I think I remember getting "told off" at one point when I referred to them as "costumes)

Thanks to Darren for bringing the massive selection of Vintage Figures to the event and for creating our "Collectors Corner" which everyone loved and for his generosity in supplying prizes for the quiz and the raffle.

Thank you too Steve, Mel and Nadia at Mojos ... for creating the fantastic Cantina themed environment and menu and for being such kind and generous hosts.

Thank you to Simon (photographer) for attending the party and capturing NJO History in the making

Thank you to Dan for creating the NJO Celebration DVD ... (we are in the process of uploading this onto the website and copies are being made for the 2nd Anniversary Party Goers).

Thanks to all the members of the public in Scarborough for their kindness and generosity.

(And special thanks too to the coach full of tourists who stepped off their coach at the Grand to be greeted by Imperial Stormtroopers. Despite a long journey they all wanted their photographs taken with the Troopers and reached into their pockets to support MENCAP !)

Next, is a very special thank you to "younglings" Brad and Jess. In over 2 years of running the NJO I have been to some fantastic events and met some great people but Brad and Jess were simply fettastic !

Glynn (their dad) has not been an NJO member for long and when he bought his party ticket he asked if he could bring his children. Although I said "yes" I was a little concerned that his children wouldn't enjoy it. How wrong I was ! Brad announced that the party was "better than Celebration Europe and Jess was asking when tickets go on sale for the 3rd Anniversary Party !!!

However, what made Brad and Jess so "fettastic" was how much of a positive impact they made on everyone they met. Claire decided to put these two "younglings" in charge of the NJO's very first Troop and between them both they collected over £100 for Mencap !!! But it didn't stop there. Jess then organised the raffle to win one of VC's graded figures !!!

THE GRAND TOTAL RAISED FOR MENCAP AS A RESULT OF THE HARD WORK OF BRAD AND JESS WAS £145.77 !!!

impressive, most impressive

The Force is strong in those two children ... and it was an honour to have met them both.

So my final thanks is to Glynn who I met for the first time on Saturday. Not only did he support the 2nd Anniversary Party by attending himself but he also introduced us all to two of the NJO's youngest and most enthusiastic members. He is a great bloke, a fantastic dad and someone who I would be proud to call a friend.

MTFBWY
Gray
Grand Master Gray
Jedi Master

Re: Quite a few people to say "thank you" to !!!

Postby ttsa » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:06 pm

Always a pleasure.
ttsa
Jedi

Postby OJM » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 pm

I would like to say a BIG Thank You to Graham, I know you always worry about stuff mate
but this year went as planned, we all got fed and watered, dressed up, participated in
competitions and best of all the launch of.....THIS FETTING AWESOME WEBSITE!!!!

Thanks Graham and well done mate.
OJM
Jedi Master

Postby samsw » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:27 pm

OJM wrote:I would like to say a BIG Thank You to Graham, I know you always worry about stuff mate
but this year went as planned, we all got fed and watered, dressed up, participated in
competitions and best of all the launch of.....THIS FETTING AWESOME WEBSITE!!!!

Thanks Graham and well done mate.

amen to that mate! Well done to you and Claire, GMG Fettin AWESOME weekend! we still on a high from it :D
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein

samsw
Jedi Master

Postby SOLO TROOPER » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:38 pm

A big Thankyou to Gray for inviting me to the NJO

I am glad I was here when the website was launched you've done your self and all of us proud

and a thankyou also to TTSA and Dave (jedi58) for all the work on the site it looks amazing

and to everyone else who makes the NJO what it is.... :D
SOLO TROOPER
Jedi Master

Postby jedi58 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:52 pm

:)

glad people like the site
jedi58
Jedi Master

Postby samsw » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:47 pm

jedi58 wrote::)

glad people like the site

Like the site?? that's an 'understatement' Dave! Its FETTIN' AWESOME :D
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein

samsw
Jedi Master

Postby Boba Fett » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:06 am

A long time ago you promised the NJO a website (and am sure many fools doubted you)

Pass on my congratulations to the team though -

as the official NJO website is awesome !

Well done GMG and long live the NJO !!!
Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi !
Boba Fett
Jedi Knight

Postby Oola Mencap » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi there

I just wanted to say a big thank you also to Grand Master Gray and everyone else who has been so instrumental in raising so much money for Mencap.

I'm Kelly and I'm the regional fundraising manager for Mencap and I just wanted to tell you what a huge difference the money you all raise makes to the lives of over 200,000 people with a learning disability. I am so delighted you chose Mencap as your charity !

Also I just wanted to say I hope it goes great on Saturday at the Thought Bubble Convention at Royal Armouries Square in Leeds !!!!

And finally a special thanks to Brad and Jess who I believe did a great job collecting recently ! Thanks everyone !!!!!
Oola Mencap
Jedi Initiate

Postby Grand Master Gray » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:09 am

Thank you Kelly ... and it was great speaking with you earlier !

When we first decided to raise money as a group a lot of the Troopers on here (people like Mick, BFA and Sharky gave me some great advice).

Since our website launch party I have had dozens of emails and calls asking me if the NJO can get involved in events ... and have just read (and replied) to your email asking if you can include a quote and some pictures from the NJO in your publicity material ... which am more than happy to send to you !!!

With a new campaign launched and some great people in this community our target of raising £1000 is in sight ... and hopefully we will raise even more ...

thanks for joining the community and for your kind words

Gray

MTFBWY
Grand Master Gray
Jedi Master

Next

Return to The Cantina