MAYBE A PIPE DREAM – But we’ve got to have dreams!

The NJO's first port of call. The place to come and chill out, no set topics just friendly banter and chat ... randomage is always welcome here :-)

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

MAYBE A PIPE DREAM – But we’ve got to have dreams!

Postby Darth Evo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:40 am

Hey Guys,

Been thinking of how we can get more active members onto the group, whilst also creating an event that we could all take part in. Additionally it is something we could all take much pride in being part of, especially as it will bring the NJO closer and more members can actually meet up! :) :) :)

It will be difficult – nay, nigh on impossible but the potential is amazing…..... :o

We would need dedication – difficult considering how busy people seem to be – myself included to be honest! (Just trying to get the NJO RPG up and running for one!)

We would require creative input from MANY angles.

What is this venture…. AN NJO STAR WARS FAN FILM – the potential to do this IS here on this site with so many cool members …. though it won’t be easy!

We will need a story.
We will need a script. (Come on GMG. ;) )
We will need costumes.
We will need props.
Members willing to act and maybe someone to help teach em!! If only we knew someone with some drama experience! (Come on GMG! ;) )
Music and Sound – though I may be able to help there as my Best Man / Friend is doing a Degree in sound engineering and he “may” do all the gubbins we need for nothing as part of his course! (Plus he’s a massive Star Wars fan!)

The film could even be set during the NJO books time period and advertise the NJO at the beginning and end of the film – ok I may be dreaming here but if we made something good and got it listed on youtube.com / starwars.com then we could be onto a winner.

If we aimed to enter this into next years fan film competition you just never know what may happen!

Let me know what you think peeps – maybe Gray could run different UGH comps to give people an incentive to help on this on? (Come one GMG :D )

Just an idea anyway,
Stay Frosty,

Aidy :mrgreen:
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Re: MAYBE A PIPE DREAM – But we’ve got to have dreams!

Postby jedi58 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:46 pm

I think that would be an absolutely amazing idea! let me know if I can help with anything ;)
jedi58
Jedi Master

Postby Pink » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:04 pm

This is a third fan-made -film in planning, I've seen in these forums.
Already promised to help in one of them...

Nice dream tho :)
- I was a teenage jawa -
Pink

Postby Darth Evo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Oh right havent seen that, where are they mentioned or being discussed? If its already being done to aid the NJO then Fett this off peeps - and sorry if ive stepped on someones toes here. Oh, and cheers D but looks like im a bit late with this. Back to the RPG for me then.
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby Pink » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Darth Evo wrote:Oh right havent seen that, where are they mentioned or being discussed? If its already being done to aid the NJO then Fett this off peeps - and sorry if ive stepped on someones toes here. Oh, and cheers D but looks like im a bit late with this. Back to the RPG for me then.

Silly sausage.... Sorry If I've been unclear, but I mean other forums like other SW-related costuming forums, not on here. You're not stepping anyones toes, Aidy. Ambitious dream, but go for it... ;)
- I was a teenage jawa -
Pink

Postby SEC-26 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:48 pm

I have a light saber you can use. :D

SEC-26
Jedi Knight

Postby jedicub_2005 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:51 pm

If anything comes of this I would be more than happy to help in anyway that I can.
It sounds like a top idea.
jedicub_2005
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Oh, no worries :lol: thats cool Pink just thought with the right people and attitude you just never know. This seems to be the right the right place with the right people. Good to see willing though so if we knock heads together who knows. You throw enough doo doo at the wall and some might stick.
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby jedi58 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:42 am

maybe a good first step is story / script so we know how many "actors" you need... that way can put together a casting/crew sheet to find people to fill the various roles - video editing, etc.
jedi58
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 am

Defo Dave - and thats the plan but wanted to see if there was more uptake on this really.

Wait and see what Gray says and see if this generates any more interest - I haven't got a specific plan as such just wanted to put forth an idea and then start writing something. :) :) :)

I'd love to do something but was hoping for more creative ideas from members but everyones a bit busy these days! :?
Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Next

Return to The Cantina