[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The New Jedi Order • View topic - IMPORTANT POLL REGARDING MEMORIBILIA.

IMPORTANT POLL REGARDING MEMORIBILIA.

Moderator: Jedi Council Member

WHAT SHOULD USE THE FUNDS FOR AT MEMORIBILIA (AND THE NJO PARTY)

FLYERS
23%
AN NJO BANNER
26%
BUSINESS CARDS
11%
T-SHIRTS
11%
BADGES
20%
KEY RINGS
3%
COASTERS
3%
BEER!
3%

Total votes : 35

IMPORTANT POLL REGARDING MEMORIBILIA.

Postby Darth Evo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:01 am

Right.
Had a good holo with Cub before and our brains are hurting now with all that brain storming. Doesn’t take much its true but…. :lol:

Firstly, a MASSIVE thank you to all those who have put into the table and printing costs fund for the handouts etc. (See Poll ;) )
Looks like with everyone’s effort we can have a right good go at this.

But printing is expensive. REAL expensive so we wondered if it was worth us holding an auction where we all throw some items into the ring and we can all bid against them (or put them on Ebay) and the funds will go into more funky swag for MEM. (See Poll! ;) )
Any ideas more than welcome.
(ANDY / REVANIST has said he can get some printing done FOC but we don't like assuming or putting onto him after "last time" BUT if he can help we have more funds for other things!)

I’m prepared (as is Rich) to throw some bits in for this AND the competition at MEM itself, where we will get people to log into the site after the event to see if they’ve won. Best way to get people onto the site as we've all discussed.
(We’ll have a separate thread on the MEM competition and head bash on that soon, and they can be deleted once done if need be!)

So, all we ask next is use your 3 wishes to vote for what you think we should prioritise for MEM. Should we wear 4th Anni T-Shirts? Do we get an NJO Banner made to hang behind the table? Do we go for flyers, keyrings (expensive), business cards, badges etc etc
The more professional we look, the more people may check us out.

One last push folks, with a month to go we can REALLY try to get some more like minded members on here and help the site go from strength to strength.
Lets celebrate what Gray started, and all of Daves efforts in creating and maintaining the site.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to vote. :D

All comments welcome too, and I’ll be contacting all of our arty types to ask for their help. :D

Remember, the NJO was created so we could meet fellow fans and do a bit for charity, so lets see if we can get that back on track!!

Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Re: IMPORTANT POLL REGARDING MEMORIBILIA.

Postby Darth Evo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:33 am

Just found this and thought it may get people in the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM2yhGDGfok :D

Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby jedicub_2005 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:44 am

I love that video mate, it has certainly got me in the mood for mem,

It would be so good if we could we could get this auction idea going, a great way to win some top loot and a great way to raise some well need money to help with printing costs, I am ordering a thousand njo post cards and a thousand jedi collectables post cards and they come to just over £100 just for them again a banner is a great idea but they are £30+ each so pretty soon you build up a picture of how expensive these shows are, I could 100% use some help for getting other promotional goods made, if you are still in the loop Andy I would love to have a couple of hundred badges made for freebies, they are a great handout and they are very visible once they are been worn, we could use a design from Guy for the 4th anniversary badges and hopefully some t-shirts also, maybe the t-shirts could have something about mem on one side and the fourth anniversary on the other.
Anyone with ideas, help or goods to donate for the draw then please come forward, also hard cash is still most welcomed and can be sent by paypal to my email address, details are on the memorabilia thread or pm me for details.
Have got some great ideas for when we are actually at the mem and the party afterwards, I think it is still a great idea to give everyone who takes a post card or flyer from us to be entered in to our prize draw but to get the results of the draw they have to either log in to the njo or at least check the home page for results, this at least gets them looking.
At the party we would still be very happy to take ideas for competitions, games, talks or anything else star wars related, I think that we will have at least one computer taking pictures and keeping the njo updated for the weekend, we will get a web cam set up for our friends that cant be there and try our best to include our on line members in the fun.
Please come forward with help, ideas or goods to put in to the on line auction or prize draw to be held at the show, needles to say I will be putting up some tasty goods to raise money before the show and also goods for the draw when actually at the show.

An idea that has popped in to my head just now, if we can get the tatooine trading post to print us some excellent exclusive t shirts for the fourth anniversary that also have something about mem on them maybe we could put together an njo goodie bag for a set price, we could include a t-shirt, badge, post cards, figures key chains, trading cards, coffee mug, comic, etc etc, anyone think that is something you would buy??
jedicub_2005
Jedi Master

Postby SOLO TROOPER » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:37 pm

I like the badge and flyers idea

something to hand out and we can use at other events say when people are at Trooping events

we could even charge for the badges to cover the costs if need be rather than make them free

The idea of the raffle but people have to log on to see results is great I am donating two carded sandtroopers towards the pot.

I like the goodie bag idea never been to a NJO bash yet so never had one but the T-shirts get quite priccie so that I think would be an individual choice

if we had a set price for the bags I am sure most would be happy to pay I would

:)

SOLO TROOPER
Jedi Master

Postby jedicub_2005 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:26 pm

All sound cool Mark,
Cheers for the two Sandtroopers mate, I am sure they will go to a good home and it gets the ball rolling,
the goodie bag idea would be a set price per bag and they would all have the same contents but as you say it does depend on how much t shirts and other bits cost, hopefully we could do a bag for around £15-£20.00 I think anything more than that is getting too expensive.
jedicub_2005
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Nice one Mark well in again chap!!!

Don't you love it when a plan comes together!

I'll have a root out to see what I can offer. :D 8-)

Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Aelene » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:19 pm

I know we are far away, but if we can help let us know.
Darth Aelene
Jedi Master

Postby RebelGem » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:55 pm

Votes cast! Personally I think we keep flyers/freebies to a minimum. It would be so sad to see everything dumped in bins/on the floor which is kinda the way it goes. If the table looks good with some clear concise messages about what we are all, about it'll go a very long way. Logging on to see winners of the competition is a smashing idea! Stay on target NJO'ers
RebelGem
Jedi Master

Postby Darth Evo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:03 am

DA - I've just put in the Cantina that we are hoping to set up a web cam so you guys can see whats goin on!! If not at the show then certainly the evening bash!

Thats true Gem so maybe just stick to flyers, if they get dumped ..... "SO BE IT!" :D

Darth Evo
Jedi Master

Postby jedicub_2005 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:58 am

Good points Gem and maybe we shouldn't get too much stuff made, but agree with your bro, we need to put something out,
I'm in favour of the high quality printed postcards, a banner for the table and t-shirts printed with a combination print on them celebrating the njo 4th anniversary party and mem, maybe a front print celebrating one thing and a back print celebrating the other.
jedicub_2005
Jedi Master

Next

Return to Events and Meet-ups